The Red River Valley spans the borders of Minnesota and North Dakota. The region is anchored by the economic centers of Fargo-Moorhead and Grand Forks-East Grand Fork and Wahpeton-Breckenridge areas.
Spurred by the vision of a $100,000 investment from Forum Communications Company Chairman William C. Marcil, The Valley Prosperity Partnership (VPP) has been formed to identify common strategic economic development opportunities.
The VPP is comprised of economic developers, the state’s two major research universities, private sector businesses, community leaders, and others who recognize the importance of collaboration and leveraging resources. We are working to bring all communities in the Valley together to develop a unified, shared vision for high value and sustained economic growth for all our residents.
We will do this by:
- Leveraging and promote existing resources and more effectively
- Creating new programs and resources that address gaps or limitations
- Strengthening public and private sector partnerships and communication
- Building upon the accomplishments of the Red River Valley Research Corridor
- Strategically influencing current and future public policy
- Developing clear and transparent performance measures to gauge impact